15 January, 2017

Pregnancy style - where to shop...?

Topshop Maternity Dress
I was hesitant to be one of those people that did maternity blogging, especially a few months ago before I even had a bump. I didn't see the point nor did I want to but as time has gone on and I've get bigger life becomes all things baby related however reluctant you are at first, it's unavoidable!  Before this little person is born it's already infiltrating every aspect of your life but in the best way. It's been a very happy and welcome surprise in our lives. It's hard to even contemplate all the changes that occur so I thought it would be fun to document some along the way...
HM Maternity Top

One thing I hadn't considered until as my regular clothes no longer fit, was what to wear? I love to wear vintage inspired clothing or vintage a lot but appears to be very hard to source for maternity wear and actual vintage maternity wear is not for me as it's really frumpy! So I had to do a lot of online browsing to find maternity wear that would suit my style and to my surprise there are many retailers creating really good maternity lines! Given that I had no idea where to begin with maternity wear I thought it would be nice to share some of my finds and places I've been shopping. Hopefully this may be useful should you be expecting or ever need a reference guide in the future! I'll be doing more pregnancy style related posts in the coming months and how to stay glam throughout, if possible!


ASOS Maternity Range
There are lots of ways of still maintaining your style throughout pregnancy without spending a fortune at such an expensive time. Of course there are much more important things to spend your money on, so keeping costs down is a necessity when it comes to buying maternity wear. Stretchy and lose clothes will become your best friend! There's nothing worse than wearing something too tight when you're pregnant, instead think comfort which wouldn't normally be the first thing on my mind when it comes to fashion. This doesn't have to mean slopping out in sweat pants and baggy jumpers unless that's your style to begin with which is fine it's just not for me!

Campbell Crafts Maternity Dress
Stretchy midi dresses have become my staple for an inexpensive maternity wear. You'll find an excellent range of styles at Primark in pretty much every colour, easy to accessorise and at about £6 they're an absolute bargain. I also found some great skirts, shirts and leggings that will work well for maternity wear, just go a couple of sizes up if you like to have more room and you don't need to buy things that are specifically maternity wear. Hunt around the store and you'll find some excellent bargains, along with stuff for your mini-me!

Another great find for some inexpensive gems is at ASOS.COM. The polka-dot pinafore featured above is one I bought recently. I'm really happy with the fit, style and shape on so I'll definetly pick up a few more dresses next month post payday. Funnily enough, this was the first purchase I made from ASOS and I have to say I was surprised they even they did maternity wear. This sweet polka-dot pinafore is so comfortable and also would be something I'd wear regardless of expecting, I think it looks really cute! This was another bargain find at only £9! I'd recommend checking out their maternity range as it's inexpensive and fun fashion verses boring 'mumsy' style! I'll share some photo's soon on my maternity style I just need to get round to taking some photo's!


New Look Maternity Dress
Another good find was at Campbell Crafts, the only vintage inspired retro maternity clothes in the UK I've found. I know Pin-up Girl Clothing and Modcloth have beautiful maternity lines but they are out of my budget on what I'm willing to spend on maternity wear and the customs cost always put me off buying from the US. The only problem with the dress I found on Campbell Crafts is that this appears to be the only dress in their maternity range, they don't have seem to sell any other products maternity related. I snapped up their maternity dress in the sales for only £ 20, so I recommend if you like this dress to visit their site now as I'm not sure if they are continuing the range as I said this was only this dress within the maternity section but who knows, maybe they will release more in the future and I hope they do. 

Another good high street maternity line you'll find within New Look. It's young, contemporary and pretty inexpensive which is a major plus given I really am trying not to spend a lot at the moment. I really liked this abstract print dress featured above but to my disappointment it's now sold out in my size. However there are lots of other pieces within their maternity range that I would definitely wear. I need to invest in some pregnancy jeans or trousers for the really cold days and New Look have a good selection available so I'm going to give a pair of their jeans a try and I'll let you know whether they're any good or not! Check out my instagram as that's where I post a lot of outfit shots if you're interested is seeing my maternity style; you'll find me @chicguide .

Boohoo Maternity Line
I'm not usually a fan of Boohoo clothing but they too have a pretty good maternity range and I was pleasantly surprised by some of the clothes on their website. I found this really pretty vintage inspired dress which I wasn't expecting.  I love this dress it has a slight vintage inspired feel which really caught my eye and could be worn dressed up or down which makes it better value too! This is one I'll definitely be buying and one or two things from their maternity line so I'll keep you posted on the quality and fit of their range. The range is very inexpensive with items from £10 to £30 so is the most I'll be spending as I want to save money for when the baby arrives plus we've already spent a small fortune buying all the essentials that you need to get before it arrives. 

These are all my finds so far, all the shops mentioned I'm sure you're familiar with but I wasn't aware that most did maternity wear and I can't be the only clueless mother-to-be one out there so I hope this helped if you're looking for maternity clothes. I'll share more with you as I find them and if you know of any good places to shop let me know. Coming up in the next in this maternity/pregnancy series to the blog I'll be showing you how to style maternity wear and look glam!

Till next time, thank you for stopping by! Have a great week.

Much love!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...